Which would you rather do?
- Pay $199 for a quality toothbrush.
- Pay thousands of dollars long-term at the dentist.
Investing in a good quality electric toothbrush for man can actually help you save money in the long run, and we know looking for the best electric toothbrush can be a tedious process – have no fear! We built the best electric toothbrush 2019 list just for you guys so you don’t have to kill yourself with research!
In this guide I outline the best electric toothbrushes on the market. I put hours of research into finding which is truly the best quality out there and why.
When researching for the best electric toothbrush, I came across the same repetitive brands in the industry. Most of them were: Philips, Oral-B, Foreo (one of the newer companies), Waterpik and a few others. I chose the top brushes in this list based on quality first, then price second.
In the end, very few of the brushes compared to the Oral-B Pro 7000. This toothbrush won by a landslide because of it’s top-notch features and effectiveness at teeth cleaning. If you are serious about dental health, I highly recommend this product!
The importance of dental health is indisputable. Studies have proven that the health of your breath and your mouth are crucial to maintaining good health.
With that being said, let’s get on with the list.
Best Electric Toothbrush 2019 for Men
If you are on a budget but still want a great toothbrush that will do the job, feel free to skip toward the toothbrushes at the end of the electric toothbrush reviews list, which are much more budget friendly.
I took a lot of things into consideration when choosing these brushes such as overall feel, battery longevity, teeth cleaning effectiveness and design. Here is a list for the best electric toothbrush 2019.
|Name||# of Modes||Effectiveness|
|Oral-B Pro 7000||6||9/10|
|Philips Sonicare DiamondClean||5||8/10|
|Philips Sonicare EasyClean||1||7.5/10|
|Oral-B Pro 1000||2||7/10|
1. Oral-B Pro 7000 – Dentist Recommended for Men
- Real time feedback with the Oral B app focuses brushing on your most...
- Made of different high tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round...
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and...
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive,...
- Speed Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features Specially...
The Oral-B Pro 7000 definitely comes on top with innovation, which makes it the #1 top electric toothbrush. This toothbrush contains 6 different modes, a wireless SmartGuide, and even pressure sensor technology. If that doesn’t get your teeth clean, I don’t know what will!
This toothbrush is capable of removing up to 300% of plaque compared to a regular toothbrush. Its high-tech pressure-sensor technology alerts you if you are brushing too hard and automatically slows down for you.
I can’t forget to mention that Oral-B is also the #1 dentist recommended brand worldwide. When purchasing, you get the choice of either a black or white brush.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is also one of the most comfortable brushes on the market today. The handle is wrapped in soft touch plastic and the backing is made from a rubberized textured grip. This brush is very sturdy and long lasting and it held up well when we used it daily. The brush comes with a wireless SmartGuide, a wireless display that shows the current brush mode, where to brush, and let’s you know if you are brushing too hard and when to stop. The battery of the toothbrush lasts 80 minutes, or roughly 40 sessions assuming you spend only 2 minutes brushing.
With 6 modes, this brush allows for deep teeth cleaning and gum cleansing. It is also not too heavy to hold and comes with a travel case and of course a charger for the toothbrush itself. Many users say it is the best toothbrush for cleaning the back of your teeth and that it makes the process super easy.
With all of that being said, this is definitely the best quality and smartest toothbrush you will get for your money on the market today, hands down. You may think it is a big price to pay for just a toothbrush, but it will be a worthwhile investment if it saves you from dozens of bills at the dentist!
I read a lot of electric toothbrush reviews on Amazon for the Oral-B Pro 7000. Many users have reported using the same Oral-B toothbrush for up to 9 years or more, which further justifies that it is a worthy investment. Even with the older model of the brush, users reported that it still works amazingly, so if I had to choose today which brush I have to decide, I would definitely go with the Oral-B 7000.
Electric Toothbrush Sale & Coupon
It seems there is a sale currently on Amazon. Typically this toothbrush is around $199, however if you check it out now Amazon has the brush on sale for $129! Don’t miss out on this electric toothbrush sale!
- Very thorough and effective for teeth cleansing
- Very high-tech and has many futuristic features
- Recommended by dentists worldwide
- Comfortable Cleaner and whiter teeth guaranteed
- Has really helped people who have teeth problems
- Rechargeable toothbrush with long-lasting battery
- May have too many features for some people who may just want a simpler toothbrush. Although it is rare, some users report having battery issues with this product. If this is the case and your toothbrush is defected, you can turn it in for a brand new one.
- Some users say tongue mode is kind of useless, but with a toothbrush with such abundant features, you are bound to have something like this.
2. Foreo ISSA – The Most Futuristic Toothbrush
- Up to 11,000 high-intensity pulsations per minute, creating...
One of the most innovative electric toothbrushes I’ve found on the market today is the Foreo ISSA. Instead of using a normal moving bristle brush, the ISSA uses a pulsating silicone brush that is supposed to be over 30 times higher hygienic than average nylon toothbrush bristles. It also uses Sonic pulse technology and does thousands of high intensity pulsations per minute, which breaks up and removes all types of plaque very effectively.
Because this brush is made of quick drying nonporous silicone, the ISSA is extremely hygienic and carries 10,000 times less bacteria than toothbrushes with nylon bristles. Brushing is easy with the Foreo ISSA and you can even use the brush as a tongue cleaner to finish your oral care routine.
After reading lots of reviews, one thing is for sure: this toothbrush is gentle on your teeth, enamel and gums. The soft silicone bristles comfortably massage your gums and help prevent from scratching any teeth enamel or damaging gum tissues. The head only has to be replaced once per year so it is really solid investment and worry-free. You even get 365 uses on each charge and it is water proof even though it is electronic; so feel free to use it in the shower or bath.
The brush has 8 adjustable speeds and we have definitively seen users have whiter teeth when using this tooth brush.
Another cool thing about this toothbrush is that it also looks extremely futuristic. The media company Bloomberg even made a comical remark about the toothbrush, saying the following:
“It all feels very futuristic. Elon Musk definitely uses this toothbrush.” –Bloomberg
Foreo actually came out with 3 different models of this brush: The Foreo ISSA Hybrid (for harder brushing and removing more plaque), The Foreo ISSA, and the Foreo ISSA Mini (for kids). You have a nice selection of colors for this one, ranging from cobalt blue, mint, lavender, dark and others like strawberry, summer, violet & mango colors for the Foreo Mini only.
Overall, for those looking for a simpler toothbrush that doesn’t have too many crazy unnecessary features but is still very high quality, the Foreo ISSA is definitely a great pick for you. By being one of the most innovative brushes today, this brush made it high up on our list of the best electric toothbrush.
Foreo markets the product as more than just an electric toothbrush, but a complete oral care solution.
Foreo is a Swedish beauty brand based in Stockholm Sweden. They make tons of other clean and modern health and beauty products, you should go check out their website.
- The silicone bristles make it very gentle on your gums and teeth
- Great design, stylish
- The head has to be replaced only once per year
- This toothbrush is trending around the world
- Some customers claim the toothbrush is a little bit too big for their mouths (in this case they also have the ISSA mini – a smaller version of the toothbrush mainly for kids or adults with small mouths).
3. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean – Sonic Technology Brush
- Our best toothbrush ever for the most exceptional clean and complete...
- Best-in-class clean -- Removes up to 10x more plaque and improves gum...
- Brighten your smile with White+ mode to remove up to 100% more stains...
- Get the best results with real-time feedback, automated progress...
- Our premium charging travel case lets you store and charge your...
The DiamondClean uses powerful sonic technology that cleans your teeth up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute. Within just one week of using this electric toothbrush, many people have seen whiter teeth. In 2 weeks most have seen healthier gums.
This toothbrush claims to remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular toothbrush and is extra effective at reaching hard to reach areas.
Philips provides two brush heads when you buy this toothbrush, which is pretty convenient, and it also comes with a charger carry case which has a built-in inductive charger. It is one of the first rechargeable toothbrushes that has a USB port so you can charger the brush from pretty much anywhere.
Like the Oral-B 7000, this toothbrush has a lot of modes. The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean has 5 different modes: Clean, White, Polish, Gum Care, and Sensitive.
Overall, this brush would no doubt be a great pick if you choose this one. If you are looking for a reliable and best sonic toothbrush, this one has quality guaranteed; you won’t regret it.
- Whiter teeth in a shorter period of time!
- Effective at reaching hard to reach areas.
- Although it’s somewhat rare, some customers reported toothbrushes breaking after long-term use.
4. Philips Sonicare EasyClean – Comfort
- Patented sonic technology. Includes 2 Optimal Gum Care brush heads
- Slim handle for comfort and maneuverability
- Removes up to 2x more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- 2-minute smartimer helps ensure recommended brushing time with 30...
- Travel Case Included.
This toothbrush is another great one by Sonicare, although not as good as the DiamondClean but relatively cheaper. Like the DiamondClean, this toothbrush is very effective at removing plaque. It also includes a 2-minute smart timer but only has 1 brush mode (Clean Mode). It looks very clinical being all white and having a mint green power button, resembling dental colors.
The Sonicare Easy Clean has a slim handle for comfort and maneuverability and comes with 1 brush head. The toothbrush can go about 2 weeks off of a single charge, which can be great for traveling.
Battery life is good, you can get up to 3 weeks of use off of a single charge. It is also not much heavier or lighter than it’s competitors like Oral-B or Foreo.
In the end, you can still get very great results with this toothbrush and for the price, it is a great selection. However, I highly recommend one of the top 3 toothbrushes from this list if the budget allows.
- Effective at plaque removal
- Less battery time compared to other brushes
- Only 1 brush mode
5. Oral-B Pro 1000 – Best Mens Budget Brush
- Clinically proven superior 3D Cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard...
- 1 Mode, Daily Clean, rotates to break up and sweep away plaque
- Included in pack: 1 Oral-B Professional Handle, 1 CrossAction Brush...
- Compatible with the following replacement toothbrush heads:...
Although a cheaper alternative to the Oral-B Pro 7000, the Oral-B Pro 1000 will do the job just fine. It is a number one best seller on Amazon on the cheaper side of electronic toothbrushes and is very budget friendly. It contains cross action bristles that are exact angled (16 degrees to be precise) for a precise clean. It also has in-handle timer pulses every 30 seconds to alert you when to switch areas of the mouth.
Like the Oral-B Pro 7000, this toothbrush also has pressure sensors that let you know if you are brushing too hard.
Overall, If you are looking for the best affordable toothbrush, Oral-B Pro 1000 is definitely your best bet on the budget side.
- Still great quality considering it’s price compared to more high-end toothbrushes
- Less features and quality since it is a more cost-friendly toothbrush.
6. Pursonic S430 – Very Budget Friendly
- 31,000 powerful sonic strokes per minute.
- Powerful plaque remover where normal bristles can't reach. Effectively...
- Gentle on teeth and gums. Removes even tough stains leaving naturally...
- 2 minutes auto timer with a 30 second interval alter system. 3...
- In The Box: 12 color coated brush heads for multiple users, storage...
If you are looking for a budget-friendly toothbrush, the Pursonic S430 might be your best bet. Highly affordable, this toothbrush uses sonic technology to remove plaque without irritating your gums. I have never used this one before, however it will definitely get the job done at a very affordable price.
It also comes with 12 brush heads at a super affordable price, which ensures long term use. This is the only toothbrush on our list that comes with this many brush heads. The replacement heads are also very affordable in case you run out of the initial ones. This toothbrush is perfect for someone who is not willing to spend $200 on a toothbrush but still want something of quality. It has great reviews on Amazon (4 Stars!) and will most definitely be a great pick.
Many people who reviewed the product on Amazon said it was soft yet assertive. Others even mentioned that they replaced their Oral-B brush with this one surprisingly. With all of the brush heads it comes with, this brush makes for an awesome deal!
- Very budget-friendly
- Comes with many toothbrush heads
- Lesser features and quality than the more high-end toothbrushes
If you truly care about dental health, we highly recommend you invest in a high-quality water flosser. Waterpik is a brand that has recently become famous for its water flosser (Check out our review on the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser!). This water flosser is the first product in its class to be accepted by the American Dental Association! It’s been tested and trusted; water flossers clean deep between teeth and below the gumline where normal brushing and flossing cannot reach. They are also superior for cleaning around braces.
Why invest in a men’s electric toothbrush?
Taking care of your health and well-being should be your number one priority in life. Taking care of your teeth is a long-term thing. It is better to pay now and invest in a top electric toothbrush, than pay later with dentist bills. If you really don’t want to take any chances, I highly recommend investing in the Oral-B Pro 7000.
What is more worth it to you? Pay $199 for a toothbrush…Or pay the consequences by spending thousands of dollars at the dentist to fix something that could have been avoided in the first place?
Electric Toothbrushes vs. Manual Toothbrushes
The international evidence-based research organization Cochrane found that electric toothbrushes do the job a bit better than manual toothbrushes. Compared with manual toothbrushes, electric brushes reduced dental plaque 21 percent more and gingivitis (i.e., inflammation of the gums) 11 percent more after three months of use, the team from Cochrane found. This further confirms more reason to invest in a good quality electronic toothbrush.
Although you can get similar brushing results with a manual toothbrush, using an electric toothbrush has been proven to help reach those hard to reach areas between teeth and gums and also make your life easier because the brush is doing all of the work.
History of the Electric Toothbrush
The first toothbrush that was electric first appeared sometime in Switzerland in 1954 and was called the Broxodent. The Broxodent plugged into a wall outlet and ran on regular line electricity. They were originally created for impaired patients to make tooth brushing a lot easier for them.
During the early 1990s, electric brushes that ran off battery started becoming widely developed. Also, the first Ultrasonic brush did not appear until 1992. Now is a perfect time for us to utilize technology for our advantage and take control of our health in any way we can.
Types of Electric Toothbrushes (Rotary vs. Sonic)
The electric toothbrushes are the same as the manual toothbrushes with the sole difference in its operation. They are supposed to make automated motions in both rotational motions (rotary toothbrush) and oscillatory motions (sonic toothbrush). The electric toothbrushes include a motor for facilitating automated motion. In modern times, the electric toothbrushes come with a rechargeable battery and a charging stand to provide working efficiency to the consumers. There are two types of electric toothbrushes, one is the sonic toothbrush and the other is the rotary toothbrush.
1. Rotary toothbrushes: These toothbrushes have been in play for a long time in the market. They are also supposed to include around and a small brush. This is mainly done for removing the plaques from mouths. The newer versions of these toothbrushes come with a pulsating mechanism for efficiently removing the plaque from your mouth. In addition, dental hygiene is also increased due to such mechanisms. The modern-day rotary electric toothbrushes are supposed to generate oscillations ranging from 1300 to 8800 oscillations in one minute. This means that the mouth cleaning actions can be successfully done by these toothbrushes. The rotary operations of these electric toothbrushes include two types of actions. These are extremely effective in removing your morning plaques. The first method of operation is the traditional method of toothbrushing which involves scrubbing the surface of the teeth. This is the primary method of operation which is similar to the manual toothbrushes. The second method of removing plaque is the cleansing actions which that are generated by the pulsing motions of the electric toothbrushes. This is done to remove distant materials which our normal toothbrushes cannot reach.
2. Sonic toothbrushes: The sonic toothbrushes are similar to the traditional toothbrushes in designs. The main difference of the sonic toothbrushes is that it can make movements inside directions. The pulsating movements are also present in the sonic toothbrushes which are absent in the traditional toothbrushes. The sonic electric toothbrushes are said to have vibrational motions where the frequency of operations lies between the range 20 Hz and 20 kHz. The main operations of the sonic toothbrush are also done by two different methods. The first method is the use of mechanical scrubbing action. This action is characterized by the ability to move at high speeds in sideways directions. This removes the presence of any plaques in the surface of the teeth. The second method of operation of the sonic toothbrushes is fluid dynamics. This property is similar to physics where strong forces can influence the surrounding fluids. This fact is addressed by the sonic toothbrushes as they vibrate the surrounding fluids (water and saliva) present in our mouths. This causes a disruption in the properties of the fluids so that they will reach to the portions of the mouth where the brush is not able to penetrate. Although, both the electric toothbrushes are used to make a great non-contact force, it can be difficult to consider the best among these. However, due to the different specifications and operations, people need to consider the best one according to their choices.
So there was our guide finding the ideal men’s electric toothbrush in 2019!
Considering there were a limited amount of brands to choose from, this list definitely contains the best toothbrushes out there to date.
Keep in mind that buying and using a sonic toothbrush does not mean you can avoid biannual dentist appointments. Appointments are still crucial and vital to your dental health and well-being and should not be avoided, no matter what brush you use. Sonic toothbrushes are also great for kids and I highly recommend they use them.
We hope this list helps you pick the best electric toothbrush for your budget! Do keep in mind that there is no perfect toothbrush and each brush is built with different preferences in mind according to each person. In case you think we missed out on an amazing toothbrush or if you have your own electric toothbrush reviews, leave any questions in the comments below and I will try to get back to them the best that I can.