With numerous types of toothpaste available on the supermarket shelf, finding a cruelty- free, natural and vegan toothpaste can be an uphill task. So what should you do to buy vegan toothpaste? When buying vegan toothpaste, ensure that the oral care product is not tested on animals.
In addition, common toothpaste ingredients namely fluoride, titanium dioxide, glycerin, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan and DEA should be absent in the toothpaste. Listed below are some of the best vegan toothpaste that can help prepare you for next oral hygiene makeover.
There are so many factors to consider when it comes to choosing the right toothpaste.
Although it can seem overwhelming, it’s important to come back to your core beliefs and values.
Instead of letting analysis paralysis take over your oral hygiene shopping spree, decide what is really important to you and look for brands and products that reflect your mission.
1. Jason Natural Sea Fresh Toothpaste – Less chemicals, great feeling
With ingredients like bamboo powder, silica and calcium carbonate, this vegan toothpaste restricts tartar built up and helps brighten your smile. Featuring calcium- rich blue-green algae, the toothpaste with potent spearmint and parsley extracts helps keep your breath fresh and also strengthen your pearly whites.
Using the product regularly will help maintain a stunning smile without having to use harsh abrasives and irritating chemicals. What’s more, the toothpaste is a product of a reputed company that is known to solve problems in a natural and environmental – friendly way and is committed to zero animal testing.
2. Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care Toothpaste – Tastes good, works well, no poisons in it!
Containing green tea leaf extracts, xylitol and fresh mint and other natural extracts , this vegan toothpaste helps whiten teeth when used regularly. The presence of green tea leaf extracts in this oral care product not only helps get of microbes that cause breath and help slow down the progress of oral cancer, but also provide a pleasant flavor and appealing aroma when combined with fresh mint.
Xylitol helps protect the teeth from cavities and tooth decay by preventing the bacteria from sticking to it. The toothpaste comes packed in a small tube. However, since just a pea- sized drop is all that is required per brush, the toothpaste lasts longer than those packed in large tubes.
3. Desert essence Natural Tea oil and Neem Toothpaste – whiter teeth, healthier gums
Flavored with pure peppermint essential oil for unique refreshing taste, this vegan toothpaste contains natural anti- septic properties of eco-harvest tea tree oil and the goodness of baking soda to give you the best dental hygiene.
Another essential ingredient – neem (an ayurvedic extract) present in the toothpaste helps prevent and treat cavities and gum disease.
The natural anti- inflammatory and antibacterial properties of neem help keep the teeth and gums healthy in a natural way.
4. Hello Toothpaste, Mojito Mint – Get Better News at your Dental checks!
This ADA approved vegan toothpaste is made with natural ingredients like Stevia, xylitol and a silica blend that helps strengthen enamel, prevent cavities, whiten teeth and freshen up your breath.
While xylitol works beneficially to repair damage to teeth enamel, the anti – bacterial properties and anti- inflammatory properties of Stevia helps prevent cavities and tooth decay.
Free of preservatives, artificial sweeteners and dyes, this vegan toothpaste with natural, simple and quality ingredients helps promote good oral hygiene in a safe and effective way.
5. David’s Premium Natural Toothpaste – Cleans great leaving your mouth feeling fresh!
Containing baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), premium mint oil and birch xylitol, this kid-friendly vegan toothpaste helps promote good oral health.
While the presence of baking soda helps neutralize acids in the mouth, reducing plaque-causing bacteria, premium mint oil help freshen breath. Birch Xylitol helps remineralize teeth enamel and promote good oral hygiene.
Cleure Hypoallergenic Toothpastes
- Developed by a practicing Doctor of Dental Surgery and University...
- Helps reduce plaque and tartar build up. Ideal for individuals that...
- Free of common irritants and unnecessary herbal fillers. Mint free,...
- Cleure is the manufacturer of this product and is the ONLY authorized...
One of the most unusual products on our list, this fluoride free toothpaste actually has no flavor. Well by no flavor we mean it’s not forced to taste like mint or menthol. According to the manufacturer Cleure, mint is one of the top allergens that result in inflammation and rash around the outside and inside of the mouth.
By removing any added mint flavors, Cleure have managed to produce an excellent product that works wonders on even the most sensitive teeth! But they didn’t just stop with the flavor, Cleure has also ensured that there are no harsh or toxic chemicals such as fluoride, paraben, SLS or salicylate.
Available in a 6.2 oz (176g) tube, this unflavored tube has won over customers with a solid 4.3 star rating out of 5. If you have sensitive teeth and gums that always seem be triggered by your brushing, then make the switch to this gentle and soft paste.
- Delicious flavor, hints of cinnamon, cloves and mint. Just the perfect...
- Leaves teeth and mouth feeling extremely clean for a longer period of...
- Fluoride free, glycerin free, gluten free, healthy for your teeth.
- Coconut Activated charcoal for an XTRA Whitening boost to your teeth....
- Nourishes your mouth by balancing natural bacteria, and feeds your...
With the triple action of remineralizing, whitening, and strengthening teeth and gums, Lucky Teeth is packed with lots of beneficial organic ingredients: activated charcoal to clean and whiten; antibacterial oils like coconut, tea tree, clove, sunflower seed, sweet almond, cinnamon, peppermint, and spearmint; baking soda for a bit of grit and to help reduce acids in the mouth; and xylitol to sweeten and fight cavities naturally.
Unlike most toothpastes, Lucky Teeth comes in a jar instead of a tube – just mix it well before each use and drop a pea-sized amount on your toothbrush. If this is the toothpaste for you.
- Includes 3 cartons of Burt's Bees Clean & Fresh Fluoride Toothpaste,...
- Experience the refreshment of Mint Medley toothpaste which will leave...
- Made Without: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Triclosan & Parabens,...
- Crafted to leave your breath fresh, your mouth feeling clean, and your...
- Essential Oil flavored toothpaste with fluoride
This natural toothpaste is a multi care toothpaste that has fluoride – in contains calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth and to prevent cavities and reduce plaque. There are no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or artificial sweeteners in this toothpaste and the added plus is that it is SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) free.
Top 5 Cruelty Free Vegan Toothpastes For 2019
|Jason Natural Sea Fresh Toothpaste|
|Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care Toothpaste||3.6|
|Desert essence Natural Tea oil and Neem Toothpaste||4.5|
|Hello Toothpaste, Mojito Mint||4.3|
|David’s Premium Natural Toothpaste||4.5|
The Benefits of Natural Toothpaste
Unlike regular toothpaste, vegan toothpaste is made entirely from organic and natural plant based ingredients. By being cruelty free, not only will you get the same cleaning effects as regularly toothpaste but you won’t be exposed to any nasty chemicals or toxins.
Currently over 95% of all toothpastes in the U.S contain fluoride. Considering fluoride has been linked to many health problems such as tooth discoloration, stomach ailments, skin rashes and impairment in glucose metabolism, do you really want this stuff in your body?
In fact, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requires a poison warning on every tube of fluoride toothpaste now sold in the US. Yikes!
If you don’t want this stuff in your body, then you should consider switching to fluoride free toothpaste that has a much safer formula. With natural toothpaste you can be confident that you won’t find any nasty chemicals in there while still getting the benefits.
When buying vegan toothpaste, it is important that you look out for certain ingredients in this oral care product.
- Helps repair tooth enamel
- Prevents bacteria from sticking to teeth
- Protects teeth from cavity and tooth decay
- Prevents tooth decay, gingivitis and cavities
- Contains natural anti- septic, antioxidant , anti- bacterial and anti- microbial properties for good oral health
3. Neem leaf Extract
- Prevents cavities
- Prevent and heal gum disease
- Helps get rid of bacteria that cause inflammation of gums and cavities
4. Baking Soda
- Helps polish teeth, making them appear whiter and brighter
- Eliminates plaque deposits from teeth
- Fight bad breath
Best Cruelty-Free Brands 2019
I’ll pinpoint specific products in a moment, but first let me list some brands that are cruelty-free and offer oral care products:
- JASON PROOF
- Tom’s of Maine PROOF
- Desert Essence PROOF
- Nature’s Gate PROOF
- Kiss My Face PROOF
- Auromere PROOF
- Eco-Dent PROOF
- Radius PROOF
- Hello Products PROOF
Buying vegan toothpaste can help you provide all benefits require for good oral health. Apart from providing thorough cleansing, whitening, fresher breath, the natural toothpaste with its healing properties help provide you with superior dental protection and helps keep your teeth and gums healthy.
What Do Dentists Think?
However, fluoride is viewed as a vital component in our dental care because it helps to keep teeth strong and healthy and fight off cavities which is why it is contained in so many brand’s toothpastes. Dentists encourage the use of fluoride toothpastes so it is really up to you whether or not you want to believe that the small amounts of fluoride it contains are toxic.
It’s notjust toothpaste that vegans have to consider when it comes to at-home dental routine. They also have to consider their mouthwash and dental floss. Mouthwashes often contain added fluoride and floss is coated in a thin wax which is not always vegan.
If you want to try out some natural vegan dental products, you can often find it stocked in health food stores. You may struggle to find it in your local supermarket or pharmacy. Alternatively, you’ll be able to find it online from sites such as Amazon!
What Do You Think?
We want to hear your thoughts on this! What do you think about natural toothpastes and mouthwashes? Or will you be sticking to the good old fluoride toothpaste that your dentist recommends? Let us know!
- 1 1. Jason Natural Sea Fresh Toothpaste – Less chemicals, great feeling
- 2 2. Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care Toothpaste – Tastes good, works well, no poisons in it!
- 3 3. Desert essence Natural Tea oil and Neem Toothpaste – whiter teeth, healthier gums
- 4 4. Hello Toothpaste, Mojito Mint – Get Better News at your Dental checks!
- 5 5. David’s Premium Natural Toothpaste – Cleans great leaving your mouth feeling fresh!
- 6 Cleure Hypoallergenic Toothpastes
- 7 Lucky Teeth
- 8 Burt’s Bees
- 9 Top 5 Cruelty Free Vegan Toothpastes For 2019
- 10 Vegan toothpaste Buying Tips – Cruelty-Free Toothpastes to Make You Say ‘Cheese’|
- 11 The Benefits of Natural Toothpaste
- 12 Best Cruelty-Free Brands 2019
- 13 What Do Dentists Think?
- 14 What Do You Think?