Ultrasonic denture cleaners provide the most effective way to clean up all of the microorganisms and debris that accumulate on the surfaces of dentures. These units utilize high-frequency sound waves to create “vibrating baths” that scrub the outer surface of the denture at a microscopic level, where your brush’s bristles have minimal effect.
Here we take a look at the 3 best ultrasonic denture cleaners available on the market.
This is the best-selling ultrasonic denture cleaner in the market presently. And it’s not hard to see why the iSonic F3900 is the most sought after ultrasonic cleaner.
It’s very compact and lightweight, which makes it great for travel, yet still packs loads of great features that allow it to be almost perfect at performing its job. The device operates at a frequency of 42,000Hz, which enables it to produce powerful vibrations that shake hidden bacteria, food particles and debris from all cracks and crevasses in the dentures, night guards, retainers, Invisalign, etc. It’ll penetrate the tiniest of spaces, ensuring your dentures are thoroughly clean. And you’re free to use cleaning solutions or tablets to achieve enhanced cleaning results.
It is mains-powered, so all you need is a wall socket and there’s no worry for batteries. Its polished stainless-steel basin is removable, and this allows for easy filling and emptying and also makes it easy to clean and maintain.
This is another powerful ultrasonic denture cleaner that operates at a 42,000Hz frequency and 35 Watt power, thereby delivering superior cleaning capabilities. It features a durable, corrosion-resistant basin made of stainless steel with a 17 fl.oz capacity, in which to place and clean your dental appliances, and the device as a whole has a reassuring weight. Its compact size means that you can place it anywhere in your home or office.
Powered by mains electricity, the DB- TechSonicSanitizeProfessional cleans dental appliances in just 3 minutes. The device utilizes automatic power shut-off, providing professional cleaning results within this short period of time. This saves you time, money and effort that are involved in the maintenance of dental appliances.
Though you’re only required to fill the basin with tap water, it’s recommended that you use Polident Improved MicroClean denture cleaner in order to eliminate all plaque and odor-causing bacterial film and other microorganisms that may have accumulated on your dentures.
iSonic ultrasonic denture cleaners are some of the best in the market and this one, like the iSonic F3900, does a great job of deeply and thoroughly cleaning dental appliances.
iSonic D3800A features an oval-shaped cleaning chamber and great design and build quality, just like the iSonic F3900. It also utilizes the same frequency, at 40,000Hz, which produces very efficient ultrasonic waves for cleaning dental appliances, jewelry and other small personal items. It’ll clear all debris and remove odor-causing microorganisms from your dentures, leaving them sparkling clean.
Though its cleaning chamber is not removable, it has a removable basket in which to place your dental appliances and jewelry for cleaning. This basket allows you to remove dentures that are being cleaned without touching the water.
You can set it to clean your items for 1 1/2, 3, 4 2/3, 6 1/3, and 8 minutes; or just use the On/Off button to stop your cleaning cycle any time you wish – for a customized cleaning experience. With this unit, you can use plain tap water or use it in conjunction with a tablet or powder formula designed specifically for dental appliances.
Once you finish your cleaning, you’ll find its non-removable stainless steel chamber easy to clean and store. The denture cleaning experience offered by this machine is just awesome!
This beautifully designed unit combines both sonic and UV technologies to provide exceptional cleaning capability which eliminates germs from your dentures whilst ensuring that your appliances last their longest. It utilizes a slightly lower frequency, of 8,000 vibrations per minute, but still guarantees superior efficiency when it comes to removing accumulated debris and odor-causing bacteria and microorganisms from dentures. Through its UV light technology, you’ll be able to exterminate 99.99% of germs from your dentures. What’s more could you ask? The vibrations remove the food and other particles while the UV light sanitizes your appliances, thus, assuring complete and absolute elimination of dirt and germs.
The DentalSpaInteroralSonic&UVCleaner is powered by batteries, which makes it portable and you can even do denture cleaning while on the go. It uses plain tap water and has a 5-minute cleaning, after which it shuts off automatically. So, in those five minutes, you can thoroughly clean and sanitize your dental appliances and same money and time by not having to travel to a dentist.
This unit is FDA registered and CE Medical approved, which means its quality is more than a promise; it’s assured.
Its transducer produces powerful vibrations that reach up to 18,000 times per minute, jostling debris and bacteria out from those hard-to-reach cracks in dental appliances like dentures, toothbrush, mouth guard, invisalign, retainer, and snore guard sleep retainer. The device also emits UV light to deodorize, sterilize and disinfect germs and other microorganisms. By so doing, it prevents plaque from forming and eliminates foul odors from your dental appliances.
With its automatic timer, you can place your dentures in the tank to be cleaned, press Start and walk way to attend to other matters without worrying about ruining your dental appliances, since it’ll automatically turn itself off. This automatic power turn-off function also helps you save and conserve energy as well as protect your eyes from UV light when you open the lid.
Denture Ultrasonic Cleaner: Which One Is The Best For You?
Best Ultrasonic Denture Cleaners Buyer’s Guide
So you have your dentures, and have figured out how to make them stick with denture adhesives. The next step is going to be hygiene and keeping them clean. Keeping care of dentures can be a bit more tricky so it pays to have a good product to help with that process. An ultrasonic denture cleaner will help a lot with that problem.
Using these cleaners make it much easier to get rid of stray debris that is stuck in your teeth, out of reach of a normal toothbrush. This is great for those of you who don’t life flossing. While it isn’t a complete replacement it does come close to what a good flossing does. It can reduce the time it takes down to a couple minutes to get a thorough cleaning done.
How do ultrasonic denture cleaners work?
Ultrasonic cleaners are basically vibrating water baths. The motion of the liquid in its tank is created by a high-frequency transducer.
The actual cleansing action created by these units is due to the following phenomenon.
- One is the action of the bath’s solution as it’s propelled against the denture’s surface. (Admittedly, however, even “sonic” units create this benefit to some degree. See below.)
- The other is a “scrubbing” action created by the collapse of tiny bubbles formed by the intense (ultrasonic) agitation of the solution. As they rupture (a process termed “cavitation”), they create minute but powerful shockwaves that are able to loosen and remove debris from denture surfaces.
How to use an ultrasonic unit to clean dentures.
- As a first step, your denture should be thoroughly brushed. This helps to remove loose particles and debris, as well as bulk deposits of accumulation. Doing so will enhance the level of cleaning accomplished by the ultrasonic treatment.
- The unit’s tank must be filled with liquid but no higher than its “fill” line (so to avoid spills and mishaps). Your denture must be fully submerged in the liquid to receive the effects of ultrasonic cleaning.
- Manufacturers usually provide some type of proprietary formulation that’s used to make the tank’s solution (packets of powder or crystals).
- An alternative that you’ll probably find is just as good but practically free is just using a homemade soap solution. (Just add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to tap water.)
The detergent helps to reduce the surface tension of the water, which helps to enhance the rate of cavitation (the formation of the microscopic bubbles that create the cleaning effect).
- If more than one person will be using your unit, you can use this technique to keep your “germs” from mixing with other’s.
Place your denture in a baggie so it’s fully covered over with your chosen solution. Then vent off most of the air and seal the bag and submerge it in the unit’s tank.
- Once you have everything set up, turn your unit on and let it run through its cycle.
- Afterward, rinse your denture thoroughly with cool tap water.
- (At this point you might proceed to chemical disinfection of your denture via the use of a commercial or homemade soak.)
- 1 1. iSonic F3900 Ultrasonic Cleaner for Dentures
- 2 2. DB-Tech Sonic Sanitize Professional Ultrasonic Digital Denture Cleaning Machine
- 3 3. iSonic D3800A Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner
- 4 4. Dental Spa Interoral Sonic & UV Cleaner
- 5 5. Dental Spa Interoral Sonic & UV Cleaner
- 6 Denture Ultrasonic Cleaner: Which One Is The Best For You?
- 7 Best Ultrasonic Denture Cleaners Buyer’s Guide
- 8 How do ultrasonic denture cleaners work?
- 9 How to use an ultrasonic unit to clean dentures.