Flossing your teeth can be fiddly, time-consuming and sometimes even painful. This is actually the main reason most people – like you – often fail to floss their teeth every day; though they understand that it is enormously important to do so. Luckily, there’s a way to make flossing easier, faster, and more fun: using a water flosser.
The best water flosser, also known as an oral irrigator or dental water jet, utilizes a high-pressure jet stream of water to remove bacteria and food particles from teeth. The device shoots a pressurized stream of water into the teeth via an orthodontic tip, removing particles and bacteria from the spaces between teeth and along the gumline.
There are a lot of advantages to flossing teeth this way. Firstly, it’s a highly efficient way of cleaning teeth. You don’t have to fiddle with strings (as is the case for a string floss), which can be messy and time-consuming. All you have to do is aim the dental water jet onto your teeth and you’ll be able to floss them in minutes. The process of flossing with water is significantly quicker, easier, and more efficient. In fact, with this type of floss, you can floss all of your teeth in seconds!
Aside from easy and quick flossing, a dental water jet or Waterpik serves as a wonderful oral hygiene tool that helps with fighting inflammation and periodontal infection and cleaning around braces. It has been proven to be much more effective at reducing bleeding and gingivitis than string floss.
Which Is One Is Our Favourite?
- Winner for Best Water Flosser
- Best Quiet Water Flosser
- Best Cordless Water Flosser
- Best Portable Water Flosser
- Best Deep Clean Water Flosser
- Best Economy Water Flosser
- More Effective Brushing and Flossing in One Convenient Device
- Removes plaque and debris deep between teeth and below the gumline...
- High volume reservoir with 90+ seconds of water capacity and sonic...
- Space saving design requires only one outlet. 360 degree rotating tip....
- Rechargeable sonic toothbrush includes 2 speeds, timer/pacer, and...
This product couldn’t miss on our list because of its many advantages. Firstly, it’s a 2 in 1 teeth water flosser incorporating an electric toothbrush and a flosser to help you achieve brighter teeth and healthier gums. Through these two (brushing and flossing capabilities), you’re able to enjoy a guarantee of healing gingivitis and gumline sensitivity in as little as 2 weeks!
This two-in-one dental water flosser utilizes a combination of pulsation and water pressure to produce a powerful force that quickly and effectively removes all food particles and bacteria in the mouth. With its 10 pressure settings, 2-speed modes, and 5 different tips, you’re assured of a superb brushing and flossing experience that leaves you with healthier teeth and gums.
Waterpik WP-900 comes with a high-volume reservoir that provides 90+ seconds of use, allowing you ample time to clean your teeth. It includes tip storage so you can always take good care of the heads. An ergonomic handle makes it very easy to hold and use.
- Panasonic water flosser easily removes food particles and debris at...
- Enjoy better dental care and clean deep where dental floss often can't...
- Three flosser pressure settings: Deep, targeted cleaning, normal,...
- 100 % waterproof, cordless design with dishwasher safe water tank for...
- Two flosser nozzles and ac charging stand included
The Panasonic EW1211A is another cordless dental water jet with stellar ratings. In fact, it ranks among the top-rated cordless oral irrigators available on the market today. It utilizes lithium-ion batteries.
It features a compact, cordless design that makes it very easy to maneuver when flossing your teeth. It’s also extremely lightweight and this adds to its maneuverability, especially when trying to clean those hard-to-reach areas. And the comfortable, contoured rubber grip only makes things better.
The flosser is able to penetrate deep between teeth and remove tough plaque and food debris, thanks to its water jet technology that provides 1500 pulses per minute. There are three pressure settings, allowing you to laser-target your flossing preferences; including a low setting kids and those with gum and teeth sensitivity.
Aside from that, the Panasonic EW1211A features a 100% washable design. So, cleaning and maintenance is not an issue.
- Upgraded version---- HF-9 whisper is newest upgraded version of model...
- 6 pressure settings with “pause” position on handle----Pressure...
- 1200 pulses/minute Frequency----The most comfortable frequency...
- Suitable for whole family --- It’s a perfect oral irrigator system...
- Buy with confidence: H2ofloss provide 24 month warranty to ensure you...
The H2ofloss dental oral irrigator is a countertop model that boasts an incredibly quit design that also delivers a superb flossing performance. So if you’re looking for a good water pick flosser that won’t wake your family up when you use it at midnight, then this is it.
The H2ofloss dental oral irrigator is 100% waterproof and this definitely makes it very easy to clean and maintain. With 6 different speeding settings and up to 12 rotatable interchangeable tips/heads, you’ll be able to enjoy versatility in your flossing like never before. You can adjust your desired water pressure to anywhere between 5-110 PSI; and use the pause bottom to stop water from coming out.
It combines water pulsations and pressure to clean deep inside between teeth and below the gumline. So you’re always assured of a thorough flossing and cleaning of teeth when you use this device.
The H2ofloss dental oral irrigator comes with a large, independent reservoir that gives you adequate flossing time. And you can utilize it for other purposes like periodontal, orthodontics, and nasal irrigation, or for tongue cleaning.
- High Powered Oral Care: The Panasonic dental water flosser uses...
- Portable Design for Travel: Portable water flosser with a cordless,...
- Two Speed Pulse Settings: Cordless power flosser with two speed...
- Easy Fill Reservoir: An easy fill 5.5 ounce water reservoir lets you...
- Waterproof Design: 100percentage waterproof portable water flosser...
If you’re looking for a quality portable water flosser that you can use anywhere and at any time, then you cannot go wrong with the Panasonic EW-DJ10-A. It is the best portable oral irrigator. And this is why…
It comes with very slim design, which is collapsible. That means you can collapse it to easily fit in your suitcase or travel bag. To make things better, the Panasonic EW-DJ10-A is very lightweight and runs on disposable AA batteries that add to its portability. The batteries last about 2-3 weeks.
So it’s extremely ideal for carrying around wherever you go to keep your teeth and gums healthy. You’ll find it indispensable if you’re a frequent traveller who needs to use a dental water jet.
And, actually, portability is not its only selling point. It’s designed to remove all potentially harmful bacteria powerfully, while still being gentle on your gums. That means you can use it eve on sensitive gums.
And not only that, this cordless water flosser works amazingly well when it comes to cleaning implants and other dental appliances. It uses higher-powered pulses and this makes it extremely good at removing bacteria and food particles from teeth and dental appliances.
Being 100% waterproof, the Panasonic EW-DJ10-A is very easy to clean and maintain. In fact, all you need to keep it clean is wash it thoroughly under a faucet and then dry it with a clean, soft cloth.
- EASY & EFFECTIVE: The Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser is the easy and...
- TESTED & TRUSTED: Waterpik is clinically proven and the only Water...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Features massage mode for gum stimulation, plus...
- HIGH VOLUME RESERVOIR AND FLOW CONTROL: Holds 22 ounces and provides...
- 7 TIPS FOR MULTIPLE FAMILY MEMBERS & NEEDS: 3 Classic, 1 Orthodontic,...
The Waterpik WP – 660C is hands down the best water flosser for teeth available in the market today. It’s also the most versatile – and the most loved option, with loads of positive reviews both online and off-line.
The Waterpik WP – 660C incorporates very superior flossing technologies and features, yet remains easy and use and practical. These features include seven replaceable tips that are designed to provide you with a thorough flossing experience. The tips/heads include a toothbrush tip, a pickpocket, an orthodontic tip, a plaque seeker, and three classic jets.
The toothbrush tip ensures that you’re able to brush regularly while the classic tip is designed to help you floss your teeth at regular intervals. The plaque seeker tip/head provides an effective tool for removing stubborn plaque around implants, bridges, crowns and other areas that are particularly susceptible to plaque accumulation.
If you have orthodontic appliances on your teeth, the WP
– 660C’s orthodontic tip can prove very beneficial, as it has the capability to remove all bacteria and food particles from all the areas braces, including those hard-to-reach parts.
The Pik Pocket tip, as the name suggests, is able to penetrate into the periodontal pockets and remove plaque and bacteria that could lead to gum disease.
All of the flosser’s heads rotate at a 360-degree angle, allowing them to adapt to different dentitions and reach all the hard-to-reach areas for optimal cleaning efficiency.
The flosser also features the patented pulsating technology, which combines pulsations and water pressure to create a powerful force for dislodging plaque, bacteria and food particles from all areas of teeth and gums.
Other wonderful features of the Waterpik WP – 660C include ten pressure settings to control pressure, timers, easy to use controls and buttons, a large reservoir to handle enough water, and an ergonomic handle.
The Waterpik WP – 660C simply delivers the best when it comes to overall performance, value, and construction.
- PREVENTION-FOCUSED: Helps prevent halitosis, gingivitis and...
- END GUM DISEASE: Stop bleeding gums, gingivitis, and periodontitis.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Installs without tools and easily detaches from the...
- CONVENIENT: No mess to clean up, no risk of bacterial growth, no hard...
- MADE IN THE USA: Made by a Veteran Owned and Operated Company.
This water flosser for braces attaches directly to the faucet eliminating the worry of refilling water tanks; this flosser can be detached and attached to any faucet making it suitable for travelling.
It includes a switch that allows for the use of the faucet while this flosser is attached to the faucet.
It does not feature a pulsing motion but features a continuous stream of water which is just as capable of removing plaque, biofilm, and gingivitis from your teeth and gums.
- Normal, Soft & Pulse Modes for Varying Oral Cleaning Needs
- Large Removable Water Tank w/Included Mini Funnel
- Includes 2 Rotating Color-Coded Nozzles – Great for Multiple Users
- Rechargeable Yet Waterproof – Port Rubber Seal Included
- Made of High-Quality, BPA-Free, FDA-Approved Plastic
This water flosser is quite different from other flossers, with a compact form-fitting all of its components into one portable handle. It features three varied modes, soft, normal and pulse which allow you to choose the right pressure for yourself.
Soft mode is for sensitive gums; normal mode is for normal gums, and pulse mode is for massaging gums and the improvement of blood circulation. It additionally features two different nozzles ideal for spouses and roommates; it is rechargeable and waterproof enabling for easy cleaning and suitability for traveling.
The water tank though smaller than that of other flossers carries sufficient water for a flossing session.
|H2ofloss Oral Irrigator||12|
|Waterpik Complete Care||3|
|Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser||4|
You’ve heard of it — water flossing! It’s the new product range in oral hygiene and with good reason. A research study revealed that the classic jet tipped water flosser was more effective at reducing gum bleeding and gingivitis—by 93% and 52% respectively.
From gingivitis to dental implants, let us show you some of the benefits of water flossing. But first, do you know what a water flosser is?
So, what is a water flosser?
A water flosser is a dental health appliance designed for maintaining oral hygiene at home. They come in different size and shapes, but all Waterpik water flossers have the following:
- A specialized water flosser tip
- A water reservoir, and
- A motor with a pump
How it works
A water flosser emits a pulsating water stream that you can use to clean some of the unreachable areas of your teeth. It works by creating a hydraulic force which is strong enough to remove biofilm and is also very gentle on your teeth.
It is effective at removing food particles, pathogens and plaques. The pulsating action also helps to stimulate your gum tissue which is an added benefit.
If you are having trouble choosing the right water flosser, head over to our best buying guide for water flossers, which contains 10 reviews of the best available water flossers on the market.
Great substitute for those with dental implants
Thanks to development in dental technology, dental implants have become a viable solution for people who’ve lost their teeth. But implants do come with risks, and one of those is peri-implant mucositis.
Peri-implant mucositis is a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your dental implant is inflamed. If the problem is detected early by a dentist, then it can be immediately resolved.
Peri-implant mucositis is a relatively common condition affecting up to 50% of implant sites and occurs in about 80% of people with dental implants. So, what causes it? The accumulation of bacterial biofilm.
For people with dental implants, flossing isn’t an option. Fortunately, since the Plaque Seeker tip in water flosser can help the user scour the bacterial biofilm and wash it away. However, if it is left untreated, it could worsen and become peri-implantitis. Peri-implantitis causes a loss in bone and results in implant failure.
Safe and gentle on braces
We all know that cleaning braces can be a challenging and tedious process. Water flossing makes cleaning braces a breeze, but some dentists still recommend you use a string floss.
For you to clean braces, you will need a specialised floss with a loop on one end where you insert the dental floss. You will also need to navigate around your braces and floss each tooth.
With a water flosser, you won’t have to do any of that. It simply shoots a stream of water and removes food debris and plaques. This is not only more effective at cleaning your braces but saves you time. A win-win situation, don’t you agree?
Penetrates deeper into pockets
Unlike string flossing, water flossing has more pocket penetration. In fact, according to scientific findings, water flossing using the classic jet tip had a 50% pocket depth penetration.
The penetration depth varies with the depth of each pocket with the deepest one occurring above 7mm pockets. The water Pik Pocket tip was found to deliver a 90% depth penetration in a pocket less than 6mm deep and up to 64% in a pocket with a depth greater than 7mm.
However, even though there is no scientific documentation to back this up, most dentists agree that floss will reach about 3mm in depth due to anatomical of technique constraints.
A study of adolescents aged between 11 and 17 and who water flossed daily with for four weeks reduced plaque by three times more, compared to string flossing and manual brushing. Additionally, they had a plaque reduction which was five times more than those who just brushed.
Reduce gum irritation
Compared to string flossing, water flossing is much more comfortable and easier on your gum. Does it hurt or do you bleed whenever your flossing with a string? Well, you can easily prevent that thanks to the adjustable settings and variety of pick heads in a water flosser.
Furthermore, there are some water picks that have been specially designed for people who have very sensitive gums. These picks are gentle compared to other flossing techniques and will improve your overall oral health and reduce gingivitis.
Reduces periodontal infection
A major flossing benefit is it ejects subgingival bacteria from your teeth pockets through its pulsating action. Water flossing has been shown to reduce up to 6mm of bacteria in teeth with no orthodontic instrumentation.
Additionally, when tooth brushing was compared to water flossing and mouth rinsing it was found that only through water flossing can you reduce subgingival bacteria.
Furthermore, according to the American Academy of Periodontology, water flossing allows the user to maintain the reduced level of bacteria attained in root planning.
It was found that people with diabetes have an elevated risk of developing periodontal disease and often experience severe gingivitis. A research study conducted on people with diabetes revealed that diabetic patients who water flossed had a 44% and 41% reduction in bleeding and gingivitis
Easy to use
Not only do you waste a lot of time by string flossing but it’s also very tiring and boring.
Even still, trying to floss each tooth may be difficult especially the further inwards you go—towards the molars. On the other hand, water flossing simply uses a powerful pulsating stream of water to clean out those hard to reach areas.
All that you have to do is pick your flosser, direct it appropriately and fire away. That’s really all there is to it.
What is a Waterpik?
Water flossing is a nice way to clean your teeth and remove plaque, however, what is a Waterpik?
Waterpik is the most popular and trusted brand that produces quality water flossers.
Good teeth are essential not only for a healthy life but also for your social image. Good looking teeth represent your healthy living habits.
There are many oral specialists who strong recommend water flossing for effective care of teeth. For this, you need to have a very effective tool. In the market, there are thousands of water flossers available but nothing is better than Waterpik water flosser.
How to use your Waterpik
- All Waterpik water flossers come with a water reservoir, firstly you should fill enough warm water in it.
- There are two kinds of tips that can be attached to the tool. The first one with dark color is usually for the low pressure. You must use this one to start the process of flossing.
- In the next step you should lean over the sink and place the tip into your mouth for better and effective cleaning.
- For the best results you should begin in the posterior area first.
- Go slow in the starting after turning on the device.
- You can increase the pressure of water as per your comfortable level.
- You must now cover the anterior area and other side by moving tips.
- Just a for single second you should take a little pause when the tip is between teeth.
- Don’t overdo it for the safety side and after the reservoir is empty you should also remove the flosser tip.
- To keep the tool hygienic you should remove remaining water from it by letting the reservoir air out.
The Waterpik water flosser comes with different types of tips which are very helpful for the cleaning process.
You can choose from a wide range of tips according to its utility and demand of your teeth cleaning process.
Following are the major kind of tips which can be used effectively:
- Classic jet tip
- Toothbrush tip
- Plaque seeker tip
- Orthodontic tip
- Pikpocket tip
There are immense benefits of using using a water flosser for your teeth and some of them are listed here:
- In case you have braces on your teeth none another method of cleaning will be effective for your teeth.
- This water flosser is much effective than air floss, it also improves the overall health of your gums.
- It increases the blood flow in gums by putting the right pressure on them. After some time you will realize that your gums are getting pink again.
- Harmful plaque around your gums can cause tooth decay. With this, you can remove unwanted plaque and restore the healthy and hygienic condition of your mouth.
- People with infected and bleeding gums cannot use other methods of cleaning like string or air. For them, water glossing method can be really life-saving.
The best place to buy a Waterpik is at retail stores that include Target, Walmart and Amazon. Now that you understand what a waterpik is and how to use it effectively, you should be able to point out the benefits and understand how to operate the flosser and clean your teeth effectively!
Water Flossing vs String Flossing
You can get your shining teeth and pink gums back through effective flossing. It decreases the chances of tooth decay and also keeps the gums healthy.
There are two different ways of flossing your teeth:
- String Flossing
- Water flossing
You must be curious to know which method is better, below we have constructed our comparison on water flossing vs string flossing below.
What is water flossing?
In this method, water is used with pressure to clean the teeth.
- With a very small size motor and pump, water is sprinkled with pressure on the teeth.
- This special tool is called water flosser which is particularly designed for taking oral care.
- The tool is available in different size, shape, and design.
- It comes with many tips which can be attached in front of the tips for better results.
What is string flossing?
In this method of cleaning teeth, eighteen inches of string is normally used.
It is used manually by wounding around the fingers. You can start working with it by placing it between teeth.
There are many kinds of string floss available in the market like waxed, without waxed and dental tape etc.
Most of the time it needs great attention and steady hands to work nicely with string floss.
Tips for excellent oral health
You can take care of your oral health by string flossing and water flossing as per the condition of your teeth and availability of resources.
But there are some common practices which you can opt for excellent oral health:
- Clean your teeth twice in a day. Brush them properly and use medicated paste for this.
- Once in a day you can do flossing to remove unwanted food particles and plaque.
- For best oral health use both methods with good mouth wash.
- Visit you’re dental with a regular schedule and go through proper dental check-ups.
When it comes to water flossing or using string floss to clean your teeth, you should first consider the present state of your teeth and then choose the most suitable method. Overall water flossing has more advantages as its easier to operate.
How to Clean a Water Flosser?
Mineral deposits and other materials can collect in your WaterFlosser, causing it to lose pressure and effectiveness.
Here are 5 steps for simple cleaning with water, vinegar, and your dishwasher to keep your Water Flosser performing at its best. Complete this process every 1-3 months to ensure optimal performance.
- Clean the outside of the unit
- Clean the water reservoir
- Clean the internal parts
- Clean the handle (countertop models)
- Clean the flosser tip
It’s easy to keep your Water Flosser clean so you continue to get the maximum benefit for your oral health.
FAQ Water Flosser
Water flossing makes your routine flossing significantly easier. Compared to string flossing, water flossing is a lot less messy, and you won’t have to stick your hands in your mouth and make funny faces.
From minimising periodontal infections in diabetics to reducing gum irritation, to cleaning dental implants and braces. There’s no denying the huge benefits of water flossing, but we’ve only covered just a couple of them.
Are there any other benefits we haven’t mentioned? Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section below and let us know what you think.