Are Crest White Strips effective? Do Crest Whitestrips provide better teeth whitening results compared to other brands? Should I use Crest whitening kit or spend $500 to get my teeth professionally whitened?
Crest White Strips are ranked among the most popular teeth whitening strips available today. Actually, they are the most popular! And despite this, many people have had doubts on whether Crest Whitestrips really work. So let’s find out.
- 1 What Are Crest Whitestrips?
- 2 Crest Whitestrips: Do They Work? And Are They Safe?
- 3 Are Crest Whitestrips Worth It?
- 4 Should you use these white strips or go for a professional teeth whitening procedure?
- 5 Should You Use Crest White Strips?
- 6 Reasons Why Crest Whitestrips Are Superior Compared To Other Whitening Strips
- 7 How to use Crest White Strips To Get The Best Possible Whitening results
What Are Crest Whitestrips?
They are not much different from other whitening strips.
Here are facts about these whitening strips:
- Consist of thin, flexible plastic material coated with a bleaching agent (peroxide)
- They are designed to keep the whitening gel in place against teeth
- They are crafted to conform to the shape of the teeth
- They give whitening results that can last up to 9 months
Crest Whitestrips: Do They Work? And Are They Safe?
Crest is a leading brand of oral hygiene products range, which includes tooth whitening kits, toothpaste, mouthwash, and other oral care products. The brand is wholly-owned by Proctor & Gamble and has been on the market for nearly 50 years.
Crest Whitestrips were first launched in 2001, and consisted of simple thin plastic that came coated with hydrogen peroxide as the teeth bleaching agent. The whitening strips were placed to the front side of the teeth where they’ll remain stuck for a few hours. The at-home whitening routine would then be repeated for 14 days until the desired results were achieved. The initial tooth whitening products’ from Crest were relatively successful, and their reviews both online and off-line were largely favorable. Many users, in fact, reported finding the Crest white strips very useful in enhancing their smile and the strips worked quite well.
In 2011, Crest released a new range of teeth whitening strips called Crest 3D White Strips. These were meant to be an upgrade of their original crest white strips. They included more powerful ingredients and a design that would cover teeth better and more efficiently. Again, these white strips were well received by the market and had largely positive reviews from users; apart from a few who complained about the increase in price – which they felt was unreasonable.
Since then, Crest white strips have grown to become not only the best-selling teeth-whitening kit on the market, but also the most popular and recognized brand of teeth whitening strips. It owes its popularity and success from the highly respected Crest brand as well as from the fact it is able to deliver effective results. So these whitening strips work – like many other products out there.
But the question is not whether Crest Whitestrips work or not. They do and we all know that. The million dollar question is whether they are effective enough to be worth your while.
Are Crest Whitestrips Worth It?
Yes, Crest White Strips can give you the best possible teeth whitening results.
Should you use these white strips or go for a professional teeth whitening procedure?
There is actually no straight answer on its effectiveness or its supremacy against professional or in-office teeth whitening procedure. The secret lies in choosing the right Crest Whitestrips and using the product as recommended by the manufacturer on the package. First of all, as a fact, the teeth whitening results with a whitening strip like Crest are not permanent. So don’t expect the treatment to last forever. All teeth whitening processes are temporary.
The result you get from Crest White Strips and its longevity varies from person to person and depends on many factors, chief among them being tooth whitening maintenance.
You can whiten your teeth and improve your smile if you use Crest Whitestrips properly. But, you should keep in mind the fact that the product whitens teeth to a different degree for each person and the results you get last differently for person, as well.
You must also be ready to do tooth whitening maintenance if you want to realize maximum benefits from this product.
Crest white strips promise results that last nine months and beyond. But some users have reported getting good results that only lasts for fewer months, 3 to 5 months, something that has been a source of disappointment for many users.
Perhaps the reason why these users have not been able to achieve longer lasting whitening results is because they didn’t maintain their teeth properly, or could be because of other individual factors.
The longevity of whitening results varies from person to person depending on factors, such as:
- Lifestyle habits
- And age
Older people find it hard to achieve lasting results from Crest white strips and other products since their enamel is more prone to staining compared to that of younger individuals. So if you’re an older person you may have to use this product frequently/for longer or find another solution.
But you can get results that last 9 months or more from using this product if you implement a tooth friendly diet and keep away from substances that cause teeth staining like:
- Cigarette smoke
- Red wine
- Black and green tea
- And other dark or colored liquids
The main advantage you can get from using this product rather than having your teeth professionally whitened is savings. The kit costs about $30, which is much cheaper than the $500 or more often charged by dentists for professional teeth whitening.
Professional tooth whitening results usually last up to three years, but there are some people who report in-office whitening results that last even up to 10 years. The quality of the results also tends to be better. So there’s no way you can compare the two in terms of longevity and quality.
Should You Use Crest White Strips?
Crest white strips can be a good option if:
- You are looking for an affordable yet effective teeth whitening solution
- You can follow instructions for use
- You are patient enough to wait for the results (for your teeth to whiten slowly)
- You are ready to undertake proper tooth whitening maintenance
Though Crest Whitestrips cannot be compared with in-office whitening in terms of the longevity and quality of results, one thing that is clear is that it’s the best whitening strip product available – which is much superior when compared to those from other brands.
Reasons Why Crest Whitestrips Are Superior Compared To Other Whitening Strips
- These whitening strips offer faster teeth whitening results; you can even get noticeable results in a day!
- Crest white strips are designed to cover the entire teeth surface, eliminating the problem of yellow spots or stains that may be left behind
- They are easy to use
- They are gentle on sensitive teeth
- Crest Whitestrips do not release bad tasting gel
- Crest uses only enamel safe ingredients
- Their grip stays put and won’t come off easily
- They come off cleanly
- They are portable and you can use them anywhere, anytime (like when going to that date or interview)
How to use Crest White Strips To Get The Best Possible Whitening results
In addition to reading the instruction for use on the package, follow these steps on how to properly use crest white strips:
1. Buy the right Crest teeth whitening strip: Crest Whitestrips come in several varieties. Each their whitening strips work differently and may offer different results for different people. They have a whitening strip for people with sensitive teeth. Research the right Crest White Strip product for you and use it.
2. Brush and floss before applying the strips: This helps remove bacteria and food particles on your teeth, but don’t forget to allow for a 30-minutes period before applying the strips. NEVER APPLY WHITENING STRIPS RIGHT AFTER BRUSHING!
3. Applying the strips: Apply the strips as per the instructions provided. Make sure you take the time to cover the entire surfaces of your teeth, and try to avoid the gums as it can cause irritation.
4. Allow the strips enough time to work: Check the manufacturers recommended time (should be at least 30 minutes)
5. Remove the strips: Do not extend the time the product stays on your teeth, as it won’t give you better results.
6. Repeat the process: Repeat the treatment as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Make sure you carry out regular maintenance of your new bleached shade to ensure longevity.