Everyone desires sparkling white teeth to maintain a young look and great personality. In fact, shining teeth are the main secret behind a gorgeous smile. Those who have bright and beautiful teeth naturally often take it for granted.
You can have a healthy size, put on a classy outfit, and perfect makeup, but none of all these will mean anything if the teeth which do not look clean and white ruins it.
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Brown Spots On Your Teeth
Remember, teeth are one of the first things which people notice when you smile. They’re the sign of confidence as well as health. Like the saying goes that the first impression is the last impressions but what if your teeth looks brown or yellowish. Nothing is more humiliating than having your look ruined by unpleasant brown spots on your teeth when you smile.
Brown spots on the teeth usually occur because of excessive consumption of coffee and aerated/carbonated drinks. Aside from the aesthetic reasons, it’s essential to remove brown spots and other stains on the teeth since they could affect your dental health in several other ways. After a while, these stain your teeth and what is more, the stains can enter the cracks on the tooth enamel and can cause severe damage.
The primary cause of the brown spots on teeth is smoking. Nicotine found in cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and some other tobacco products develop brown spots on the teeth. Besides, certain medications stain your teeth, like the tetracycline, antibiotic.
Therefore, if you the one who’s having brown spots on your teeth which never get white after many times of brushing then do not worry, here you’ll read about easy, natural and effective home remedies to whiten your teeth.
Causes of Brown Spots on Teeth
- Poor oral hygiene
- Trauma can trigger the formation of brown spots on the teeth in kids. When a kid gets hit on the tooth, bleeding happens inside the tooth, and the blood tends to seep into the dentin, and this causes staining.
- Consuming massive amounts of carbonated drinks and coffee is a major contributing factor.
- Certain supplements and tonics particularly those containing iron.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste only.
- Debris and plaque on the tooth enamel.
- Frequent fever and some other illnesses.
- Excessive smoking is another significant cause.
- Some antibiotics stain the teeth.
- Tobacco chewing.
Professional Remedies For Getting Rid Of Brown Spots On Teeth
You can get rid of brown stains on your teeth using at-home and professional teeth whitening solutions. Often, brown spots respond well to regular dental cleaning. In-office whitening is an effective way to get rid of brown spots and some other teeth stains.
In this technique, a specialist applies a whitening gel to your teeth and a LED or laser light is passed over it. So, this distinctive light stimulates the whitening gel and removes brown spots quickly. A 30 to 60-minute session can provide very dramatic results, lightening teeth by three to four shades.
Although this is much more costly than the home remedies, it’s very effective. Also, a dentist must assess the degree of discoloration and if the patient suffers from any other teeth or gum disease and treats them accordingly. Besides, he or she will be able to assess the correct concentration of the peroxide gel to use and the most appropriate home-based whitening system to use.
Bonding is a good technique to use when you have these brown spots. The method uses a composite resin on the existing teeth and can cover the stains, providing you a natural smile. These require regular cleaning – at least four times a year – since they can stain easily.
Porcelain veneers are the latest methods to hide stains. It’s similar to bonding but uses porcelain-laminated veneers on the teeth. Thus, it is more durable and doesn’t stain easily. The technique is more costly than bonding, though.
Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Brown Spots On Teeth
We always try to seek professional treatment for whitening getting rid of brown spots on our teeth. Some of these medical treatments and surgeries waste a lot of time and money. Instead of spending cash in purchasing teeth-whitening products, you can have a sparkling smile just by using these easy, quick, and natural home remedies for removing brown spots on your teeth. These natural teeth-whitening recipes are not only pocket-friendly but also very powerful.
Since smoking is the leading cause of brown spots, you can try to quit. An individual who quits smoking will not only find improvement in their teeth appearance but also lower their risk of gum disease, mouth, throat, lip or tongue cancer.
There are several at-home teeth whitening systems which can be used such as gels, strips, whitening toothpaste, floss and rinses to prevent brown stains and even to maintain healthy gums and teeth after a dentist has done the necessary professional cleaning.
Often, these home whitening systems require a whitening gel which made of carbamide or hydrogen peroxide. Some of these includes:
1. Whitening types of toothpaste are the easiest ways to remove surface stains or to maintain professionally cleaned teeth. They contain mild abrasives and polishing agents which can get rid of brown and the yellow spots.
2. Tray-based whitening systems may be purchased over-the-counter or given by the dentist for you to use at home. They come with a mouth guard. You will pour a whitening gel on this guard. It can be worn for some hours daily for two or even more weeks and can get rid of brown spots. You will wear it for a particular period depending on the strength of the bleaching agent.
3. Use whitening rinses after meals. They can reduce teeth stains, dental plaque, and gum disease.
4. Whitening strips and gels are convenient ways to remove brown spots. Whitening strips are invisible strips which contain the whitening gel. It simply needs to be placed on the teeth for some minutes and removed. Use a small brush to apply whitening gels on the teeth. The period these need to be used are provided on the labels.
To get rid of stains from teeth, you can also try some of these simple and natural home remedies. Apply a mixture of 2 teaspoons each of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda on teeth or even brush with this paste.
But, this can remain on the teeth for just two minutes and don’t swallow it. A pinch of baking soda combined with few drops of juice from a lemon can remove brown spots as well. A peel of orange rubbed on the teeth is a natural remedy which can lighten teeth with no side effects.
Ways To Prevent Brown Spots On Teeth
Always remember to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day at night. Cleaning your teeth three times is even better – often after every main meal. In between, you can only gargle and drink a lot of water when you snack.
Using a straw especially when drinking dark-colored beverages such as colas and reducing consumption of wine, tea or coffee, can also assist in preventing brown spots. Reduce on consumption of dark foods such as berries and sauces.
Consult your dentist before using any home whitening system. He or she is the right person to advise you about the best system to use to get rid of brown spots on your teeth.