Having white, bright and healthy-looking teeth helps enhance your smile and improve your overall personality. But, if you want l to have a unique set of teeth that will help you stand out in the crowd; choose to have permanent gold teeth. The uniqueness and attractive nature of these golden treasures in the mouth not only helps boost the self-esteem of an individual, but also helps him look more appealing aesthetically. To know more about permanent golden teeth, take a look at this interesting guide below.
1: History of Gold teeth
In the ancient periods of Chinese and Egyptian history, gold due to its malleability was used to make false teeth. In fact, skulls that were more than 5,000 years old have been discovered to have teeth made of gold in their mouth. However, in recent times gold teeth is an expression of individuality or an accessory.
2: What is gold teeth implant or permanent t gold teeth?
Teeth implants are basically teeth that are anchored in the jaw permanently and work like genuine teeth. When considering an old teeth implant, it has two pieces – an implant( titanium) that is attached surgically to the mandible (jawbone) and the actual gold tooth. The gold tooth is bonded to the implant and functions like a normal tooth. Permanent gold teeth are durable and can be used to chew and bite food. It can also be cleaned like natural teeth and cannot be removed.
Gold teeth implants refer to permanent gold teeth. However, if you love to have golden teeth but sometimes feel that they do not are suitable in a workplace, you can choose to have a porcelain tooth implant with gold crown or cap. By doing this, you can take out the gold while at work or during meetings, but wear it on during your personal time. “Grillz” are set of gold caps that can be used to cover the entire top or bottom of the teeth.
Durable: Gold is a durable material and can withstand the pressure that is usually accompanied with a new set of teeth. In fact, some people believe that gold teeth are a great replacement to tooth because it shows the similar slow wear and resistance to stress as natural teeth. A person with gold teeth can chew or eat well without having to worry about breaking the tooth.
- Stability: Having a metal in your mouth can be a big thing. When placed in your mouth, this gold metal works well with the natural functioning of the gums and mouth. Therefore, having gold teeth in your mouth will neither degrade the opposing teeth nor cause any harm to the surrounding areas of the mouth.
- Flexible: One of the primary reasons that make manufacturers of gold teeth opt for this yellow metal is because of its flexibility. Since gold is one of the easiest metals to work with, experts find it easy to shape the element to a form according to the personal choice of a person.
- Safe: Gold is a nontoxic metal that is considered to be completely safe when placed in the mouth. When a person has gold teeth there is less likelihood of having an allergic reaction or tooth sensitivity.
- Versatile: Having a gold tooth in your mouth allows a person to take both hot and cold without causing any kind of tooth sensitivity. So, whether you take anything hot from the pan or eat or drink something directly from the refrigerator, you can relish your food without any kind of discomfort.
- Comfortable: Just like another type of tooth implants, gold implants are set in the jawbone and do not put a strain on the other teeth. This fixation prevents them falling out from your mouth, allowing you to eat all types of food comfortably.
- Easy Maintenance: A golden teeth can be cleaned like any other regular teeth to look good. Since this type of teeth avoids the unpleasant problem of denture glue entirely, they hardly require any special type of cleaning to stay well maintained.
5: How much does Gold Teeth Cost?
The cost of gold teeth usually depends on the type of tooth to be replaced. Generally, gold teeth are made in fourteen, eighteen and twenty-two karats gold and also with silver, 950 platinum and white gold to increase its durability. Apart from paying the cost of gold, people who opt for gold teeth may also have a pay a huge amount for the process of tooth transplant and the operation itself. Overall, the cost of this type of teeth is approximately about $10.000 per tooth. However, must be noted that apart from the dental procedures, the cost is higher or lower depending upon the karat of gold used.
It is strongly recommended that people with permanent gold teeth should refrain from smoking. Smoking will not only tarnish the gold much more quickly, but will also cause the gold to lose its luster. However, it should be remembered that the smoking factor is also determined by the pureness of the gold. Therefore, if people who have gold teeth intend to smoke, it is advisable that they choose gold of higher quality in the 18 to 24 carat range. Choosing quality gold teeth will help them stay away from having to constantly clean and polish their gold teeth.
When choosing a gold dental implant, it should always be remembered that the decision taken is a permanent one. Therefore, reversing the decision later can prove to be very painful, complicated and costly and sometimes even impossible. In addition, if you a person who has weak jawbones or suffers from serious gum disease, opting for this type of teeth may not be a good decision. Therefore, consulting your doctor before the surgery is highly recommended for a successful outcome.
Having permanent gold teeth is something that will spark the interest of the beholder. With innumerable advantages to its credit, having a gold teeth implant will not only accentuate the white teeth you have liked for the past several years, but will also show off your dental assets and can make your mouth appear more stylish.